Carlson Thought Leadership in Finance & Technology

Kevin O'Brien

Recent Posts

Spreadsheets and Manufacturing Finance: There is a Better Way

November 17, 2016 / by Kevin O'Brien

In manufacturing, spreadsheets have traditionally played a significant and valuable role for finance teams.  In particular, they are useful for ad hoc analysis and reporting. However, in our experience, many FP&A teams spend 80% of their time populating and validating spreadsheet data, leaving 20% of the time for analysis and proactive decision making.  In a dynamic manufacturing marketplace with tight margins and constant change, this becomes a major problem.  The lack of focus on analysis results in an inability to actively manage the business[...]

Read More →

Transforming Manufacturing Finance with Adaptive Insights

July 17, 2014 / by Kevin O'Brien
According to a recent article by Bill Greiner in Forbes Magazine, manufacturing in the United States has been growing faster than GDP for the past three years, the first time this has happened in 50 years. As American manufacturing makes a resurgence, the industry has the opportunity and resources to invest in technologies and processes that will further sustain competitiveness and profitability.

As a Platinum Partner of Adaptive Insights and having implemented their Cloud-based Corporate Performance Management solution in multi-plant manufacturing[...]

Read More →
Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to Blog Updates

Subscribe to Blog

RECENT POSTS

RECENT NEWS & EVENTS

Follow us on Twitter